Hello happy people!
Glitter- most folks hate it.
But it’s so shinny and fun and pretty and happy place taking!
Where does it go? EVERYWHERE!
Under your feet. On your clothes. In your hair. To your living room (you met it on your desktop- three rooms away)!
Don’t you just looooove a material that can delight your three year old (& motivate her to destroy an entire room looking it) while driving your mild mannered husband completely mad?
This is why I don’t use glitter. It’s too dramatic!
I love visual drama but spousal aggravation should be saved for important things like… the electricity bill.
Here’s my minimal glitter page:
Close up shot:
What I learned:
1. Glitter will annoy the husband. This is why you love him. Explain that glitter is a self replicating non-living substance (like brads and Lego blocks). Avoid using the phrase “But it’s SO fabulous!” this will only make the dude grump off to the pub when you need him to do the dishes. Luckily, unlike Lego blocks, glitter will not try to trip and kill you as you blindly head to the bathroom at 3am- see? Upside!
2. When covering chipboard use a thick fast drying glue like PVC for good hold. Resist the urge to cover your finished piece with MORE PVC to seal in the glitter since this will dull it’s shine. (But you knew this!)
I used the following Scrap FX products for this page:
- Chevron stencil item number 2012152
- London Title item number 2009292
- Stamps London & New York set item number 2010185
- Explore theme pack item number 2007015
- Clock hands- modern 10cm item number 2008132
Now YOU- what are your favorite glitter techniques? OR tell us a funny story about how glitter affected your family.
Right now I’m sparkling like a melodramatic teen vampire in full sunlight. Off to the shower!